Whānau Ora agencies
Te Pūtahitanga o Te Waipounamu invest in Navigator roles to support and build whānau capability. Whānau Ora Navigators work with whānau who are in crisis to identify their strengths, facilitate and mentor them to provide wrap-around support and skill building. Navigators enable whānau to progress toward their own aspirations.
· help support whānau through a crisis and link them to the appropriate services
· collaborate, broker services and advocate ensuring the needs of whānau are addressed in a holistic way.
· help develop a step-by step plan to support whānau to achieve their goals and aspirations.
· identify and strengthen whānau support networks.
· reduce any risk of harm to whānau.
· Uplift whānau and create opportunities for cultural connectedness.
These agencies throughout Te Waipounamu / The South Island have Navigator roles: